Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lemon Jello Cake

A friend told me about this cake.  He said that he would take anyone up on ANYTHING as long as there was a piece of this cake on the table.  I figured I better give it a try.  I was good, but I would not say I would do ANYTHING for it!  I did motify it to make it a little healthier!
Lemon Jello Cake


1 Lemon Cake Mix
3 oz pkg sugar free lemon jello
3/4 cup apple sauce
3/4 cup water
8 egg whites
1/2 cup lemon juice (I used 2 large lemons juiced)
2 cups powdered sugar


Blend cake mix, jello mix, apple sauce, water, and egg whites until moistened.  Use an electic mixer for approximately 5 minutes.  Grease and flour a 9x11 cake pan.  Pour cake batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.  Mix lemon juice and powdered sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.  poke holes in cake.  Smooth glaze evenly on top of the cake while the cake is still warm so the glaze will absorb into the cake via the holes.


Cut into 16 pieces.  Each piece 193 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment