Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Strawberry-Orange Pasta Salad with Chicken

My husband came home from celebrating Easter with his family and said that a family friend had made this wonderful salad for their Easter meal.  I sent her a message for the recipe, because it's not very often my husband gives me food ideas!!  I made it that following weekend and my entire family loved it as well!  What a great addition to my salad selection!  *Hint* She said the original recipe didn't call for the chicken, but she thought it really made the salad great and I agree.  But if you would like it without the chicken, go ahead.  Either way I think it would be great!

Strawberry-Orange Pasta Salad with Chicken

2 cups Farfalle (bow-tie)
1/3 cup Kraft Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
1/4 cup Mayo
4 green onions, sliced
1 can (11 oz.) madarin oranges, drained
1 cup sliced strawberries
chicken

Cook pasta, drain, and cool.
Mix dressing and mayo.
Add pasta, chicken, and onions, toss to coat.
Stir in fruit.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment